Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Thursday, 10 August 2017

Right Now

Drinking: I've had my first cup of coffee for the day and anticipate drinking water and herbal tea for the rest. Maybe one more cup of coffee if needed, as I am working longer hours at my place of employment this week.

Eating: I've had hot cereal with hemp seeds, cinnamon and maple syrup, and will shortly eat a piece of sourdough rye toast to complete my breakfast. Lunch is black-eyed peas with sweet potatoes, cauliflower and rice, plus mixed berries and a Peek Frean cookie for dessert. Dinner to be determined. I gained 4-5 pounds on my recent holiday and am trying to get back into the swing of healthy eating.

Reading: I completed four books in the last couple of weeks: As a Shield, A Penny for Your Thoughts, Life Without Limits, and Don't Give Up, Don't Give In. Currently reading Miracles from Heaven. See "What's On My Nook" for authors.

Watching: Nothing. I'm too busy working this week.

Listening: My local Christian radio station as I drive to and from work.

Creating: I'm supposed to be meeting with a critique partner Monday, so I have to get cracking on my submission.

Buying: After being away, I need to replenish the groceries. Son especially complains that "there's nothing to eat."


Anticipating: Losing the weight I gained on my journey! (And then some!)

What have y'all been up to in the last couple of weeks?

4 comments:

  1. hi Susan, I like how you're eating! Very interesting meals. I recently bought a rice cooker/steamer and have found that it is helping me prepare my food for work quickly and healthfully. I put in brown rice, then add veggies and tofu, herbs, coconut oil and tumeric to the steamer part. All ready in 25 minutes -- and it's enough for 2 people. I bought the 4 cup rice cooker after a friend started showing me what she could turn out in it.
    Anyway, I'll try your lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can send you the actual recipe, if you like! Your meal sounds very healthy and appetizing as well; glad you're enjoying your new rice cooker!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!