Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 21 July 2017

#FridayFive

Want to increase positivity and happiness in your life? Make a list of things you are thankful for to develop an attitude of gratitude! Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. Life itself. Too many of my friends have lost close relatives in the past ten months - people from 52 to 102 years old. We never know when we will lose someone we love or when our own time will end. Each day, each breath is a gift.

2. Time with my husband, family and friends. A couple of days ago a friend was lamenting that we hardly ever see the friends we're geographically closest to. I may be seeing her Monday! This last week or so my husband and I have been trying to spend more time together in our sunroom. We added it to the house a couple of years ago but have spent little time there. It's just like a cottage in the city - you hear very little apart from the sounds of nature.  My daughter and I had breakfast together yesterday and are having lunch with a mutual friend this afternoon. Tomorrow my husband and I get together with his cousin and his wife. 

3. Literacy. So glad to have grown up in a country where going to school was a basic right and reading, writing and math were foundational learning skills. While math has never been my strong suit, I can't imagine my life without books and I'm thankful for the gift of creativity.

4. The blogosphere. Though technology can be all time-consuming and frustrating when it doesn't work the way you expect it to, I'm thankful for the connections I've made through the web. It has opened up the world to many who would otherwise be more isolated, and revealed the hearts and minds of those in far away places. While there's no denying the moral and spiritual darkness in some, for the most part we have much in common with people of different backgrounds, races and creeds. We are all human. We're all in this together. 

5. This is less profound, but my car. I take it for granted until something goes awry. In the last week the Elantra's developed a loud hum that plays when I go above 60 kilometers an hour (at first it was 90, but then it began initiating sooner). Seems like a wheel bearing needs to be replaced. Thankfully, it's still under warranty and the dealership can fix it Tuesday afternoon. In the meantime I'm advised not to drive it more than necessary. Boo.
_____________________
#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

4 comments:

  1. Being thankful, even in the things that seem small, or un-profound, is key to happiness and peace I think.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a valid point, Barbara. Thanks for chiming in!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful five things to be grateful for Susan, I'm glad your keeping up with this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!