Copyright

Please note that all posts are copyright. Do not reprint in whole or in part without permission of the author. You may refer to one of my posts in your own writing; simply include the link(s) so readers can be taken directly to my work. Thank you, and enjoy! ~Susan

Friday, 7 July 2017

#FridayFive

Want to increase positivity and happiness in your life? Make a list of things you are thankful for to develop an attitude of gratitude! Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. Good neighbours. On the weekend we got together to celebrate Canada Day. One of our neighbours gave us lettuce from their garden. Tuesday and Wednesday some of us went to a visitation and funeral for a neighbour whose mother passed away.

2. Good sermons. We were reminded that God requires us to walk humbly with Him, to love mercy, and to act justly (Micah 6:8). We should know this, but sometimes we forget.

3. Good books. I enjoyed Linda Hall's Black Ice and am enjoying Elizabeth Thompson's When God Says Wait. So many books to read and so little time!


4. Good conversation. My friend Lisa and I haven't seen each other independently of book club for a couple of months. It was nice to have her over for French toast and fruit salad this morning so we could catch up. There was lots to share!

5. Good food. I've been watching what I eat more carefully lately (yes, I know - didn't I just mention French toast?!). The intermittent fasting seems to be working well, and I've been trying some new healthful recipes and getting more exercise. Thankful to see some progress, and hopeful that I'll lose another three or four pounds by the end of the month.

#FridayFive was started by Lauren at Milly's Guide. What are you thankful for? Leave your reply in the comments or in your own blog post.

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments and try to respond to each one!