As a result of the break, I decided to post here less regularly. You can expect to see one or two book reviews each month, a similar number of posts on things I'm thankful for, and a monthly 'right now' update. If anything else shows up, consider it a bonus. (Insert smiley-face here).
Since yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving, I'll take the opportunity to share some things I'm thankful for, in no particular order:
1. Living in Canada - still one of the best places on earth to grow up and raise a family. Thankful for our democracy and the many freedoms we enjoy.
2. Family - even though our daughter chose to remain on campus for the holiday this year, I'm grateful that my family members are all in mostly good health and that a few of us were able to share a delicious celebratory meal together.
3. Work - and not just a job, but a career I enjoy, where I can be around both people and books, helping people find informational, educational, recreational reading and thus improving their lives.
4. Friends - I have what I would call a small circle of friends and some live too far away for our liking, but I value the caring, the support, the prayer, and those times when we're able to get together in person.
5. The Bible - God's Word is life. I need to be nourished by it daily.
Whether you celebrated with us this weekend or not, what are some things you're thankful for right now? Of course, I am thankful for you!